• Air-conditioned accommodation in large comfortable rooms (see villa page)
• Pickup from Mentawai ferry Tuapejat to Villa Mentawai and return
• Three meals daily – Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner plus unlimited snacks
• Unlimited tea, coffee & drinking water
• All surf trips within our local area aboard our comfortable speedboat (see speedboat page)
• Fishing equipment
• Snorkelling equipment
• Complementary WIFI (first 50GB)
• Padang - Mentawai return transfers
• Photography / video at extra cost
• Mentawai government surfer tax – 1.000.000 IDR ($70 USD)
To get to Villa Mentawai you need to get a flight to Padang (PDG) in West Sumatra. You will need to travel through either Jakarta Indonesia or Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.
In Padang you will take an early morning fast ferry over to the capital of the Mentawai, Tua Pejat.
The trip is normally just under 3.5 hrs and is on the very comfortable and sturdy "Mentawai Fast Ferry" From Tua Pejat you will be met by a Villa Mentawai representative and taken the short 10-minute boat ride to your own private villa in Paradise.
- Fishing. We have a great range of trolling gear and lures
- Snorkelling. We have snorkelling equipment in most common sizes
- SUP. We have 4 stand up paddle boardsIsland-hopping and Beach, combing the countless kilometres of pristine coastline
- Relax in a shady hammock or catch some rays on a sun lounge
- Bluetooth music speaker in Villa common areas WiFi internet for emails and light browsing
- Fast 4G connection with global roaming (check ahead of time if your provider is partnered with Telkomsel) or local SIM available at the bigger airports and some phone shops in Padang
How far is the nearest local township / shops?
Tua Pejat is just a short 10-minute boat ride away where you have access to many shops and services including grocery stores, pharmacy, bank / ATM, phone credit & local crafts.
When are meals served?
In short, whenever they are wanted as you have a private in house chef, preparing three meals a day with local fresh produce and local culinary skills. You will never go hungry and all dietary needs can be meet (please advise if any special requirements)
Are there waves for beginners, smaller kids and low intermediate surfers?
Great news is we have so many little reef set ups for all levels of surfer. Although reef breaks aren’t ideal learner set ups, we have some fun little beach breaks close by as well and with soft top boards and SUPs available they are very happy to share the surf stoke with anyone keen to learn.
Are there any mosquitos?
Yes, as with anywhere in the tropics but generally not bad during the SE conditions during our surf season, April-October.
We do recommend that you bring repellent or cover up during dusk and dawn to ensure you are totally protected, but we have not had or heard of any cases of malaria in this part of the Mentawai for many years now.
Can I get a massage?
A short 15 minute beach walk there’s a bigger resort where you can go get a massage or alternatively we can arrange a more traditional experience in Tuapejat subject to availability